The Health Professions Council of Zambia is a statutory regulatory body under the Ministry of Health with both statutory obligations to regulate the registration of health care facilities and health practitioners as well as maintaining optimal standards of competence, care and professional conduct. It was established under the Health Professions Act No. 24 of The Health Act continues the existence of the Medical Council of Zambia which was established under the repealed Medical and Allied Professions Act. The mission of the Health Professions Council of Zambia is to safeguard the quality of health care services by regulating and monitoring the professional conduct of Public and Private Health practitioners, Health facilities and Training Institutions. The Council seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following positions:
• To Manage and undertake provision of Information Technology services in order to facilitate the smooth operations of Council.
• Manages and undertakes effectively installation of software packages in order to ensure there utilization
• Manages and undertakes effectively the basic maintenance of information technology hardware in order to ensure its working order
• Manages and undertakes effectively the maintenance of the local area network in order to ensure internal communication and storage of information
• Manages and undertakes effectively the design, development and review of systems in order to streamline and automate work processes
• Manages and undertakes effectively the development, update and maintenance of databases in order to facilitate storage and retrieval of information
• Manages and undertakes effectively the management of the institutional website in order to ensure its currency and functionality
• Manages and undertakes effectively the preparation of procurement specifications in order to ensure purchase of appropriate information technology equipment and softwareManages
• Coordinates timely the development of individual work plans and implementation of the APAS in all departments in order to enhance performance
• Manages and Supervises effectively the utilization of human and material resources in order to attain the objectives of the department
Reporting relationship, Knowledge and skills requirements:
• Report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO)
• Full grade Form five (5) Certificate
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Sciences from a reputable University
• Minimum of 5 years work experience and of which two (02) years should be
• Management Level in a reputable Organisation i.e. Regulatory Statutory board at or Senior
Public Institutions will be an added advantage
• CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
• Sound knowledge on both hard and soft ware
• Sound knowledge on Web and Programmrng
• Creative and Innovative
• Goal-oriented and able to work independently to achieve results, with a diverse team.
• Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
• Able to write analytical and techmcal reports.
• Knowledgeable of most used Computer packages
How to Apply
Only applicants who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply and send Application Letters including their daily contact phone numbers, detailed Curriculum Vitae, enclosed certified photocopies of Green National Registration Card, Academic and Professional Certificates and three traceable referees with their phone numbers and email addresses to:
The Registrar Health Professions Council of Zambia,
7 Chaholi Road, Rhodes Park,
PO Box 32554,