Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Belt Splicer.
• Reporting to the Belt Splicer Supervisor you will be responsible for assisting assisting the department in the establishment of preventative and responsive maintenance and development within the Maintenance Department and the Site.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Utilize “Safety Cards” to conduct Field Level Risk Assessments [FLRA], Job Safety Analysis [JSA]. Identify and correct hazards, as appropriate, reporting all hazard findings to immediate supervision
• Perform Installations, maintenance and repair of conveyor belts, rubber lining, ceramic lining and pulley lugging
• Assist to carry out structured routine safety inspections in cooperation with maintenance co-ordinators and supervisors
• Assist to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of maintenance processes and systems
• Carry out maintenance activities assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor/leading hand in accordance with safe work procedures and workshop standards
• Identify and resolve issues associated with breakdown/corrective maintenance in a timely manner.
• Complete all PM sheets and other job related paperwork to a high standard –focusing on the accuracy of information returned to the supervisor/leading hand
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job. This includes returning used parts to stores, rotables & equipment’s to designated areas.
• Assist to report overall equipment and infrastructure performance.
• Assist to monitor condition of equipment.
• Cooperate with the maintenance planners/supervisor regarding input schedules and accurate information.
• Be visible in the workplace, and
• Any other tasks as assigned by your Supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
• Trade/Craft Certificate in mechanical related field
• Grade twelve (G12) School Certificate
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in maintenance of Fixed Plant Equipment and associated infrastructure preferably in the mining industry or a mineral processing industry role.
• Able to read, understand and reference maintenance manuals.
• Ability to perform hot and cold splicing of both steel cord and fabric belt conveyor belts
• Able to strip both fabric and steel cord conveyor belts
• Able to do rubber lining and ceramic lining of pipes, hoppers and boxes
• Ability to repair conveyor belts with fasteners, diamond patches
• Adhering to Safety Standards, procedures, rule and regulations.
• Experience in large multi process operations utilising large scale mineral processing equipment
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
How to apply
Send your application to the link below: