Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Plant Fitter.
• Reporting to the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor you will be responsible for ensuring safe installation, maintenance and repairs of all mechanical equipment within the Process Maintenance Department and the Site.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Utilize “Safety Cards” to conduct Field Level Risk Assessments [FLRA], Job Safety Analysis [JSA]. Identify and correct hazards, as appropriate, reporting all hazard findings to immediate supervision
• Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
• Carry out maintenance activities assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor in accordance with safe work procedures(SWP)
• Building of Units in the workshop to drawings and specifications supplied
• Identify and resolve issues associated with breakdown/corrective maintenance in a timely manner
• Interpret hydraulic and pneumatic drawings and attend to problems related to them
• Ensure that the workshop is maintained in a clean and safe condition.
• Ensure that the Team’s tools and equipment are maintained in a clean, complete and safe condition.
• Provide feedback to maintenance supervisor as necessary.
• Complete PM sheets and other job related paperwork to a high standard focusing on the accuracy of information returned [labour hours, parts used, tasks completed, other defects identified and suggestions for job plan improvement].
• Give technical specifications for parts and enter work requests in Pronto as required
• Coordinate and supervise contractor work during shutdowns
• Able to carry out mechanical running and stopped inspection of fixed plant equipment
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job. This includes returning used parts to stores, Rotables and equipment’s to designate areas.
• Assist to report overall equipment and infrastructure performance.
• Cooperate with the maintenance planners regarding input schedules and accurate information.
• Accountable for completion of all tasks identified in the MOS Elements to the specified quality and timelines as assigned to this role
• Scope out or validate, as appropriate, work order assigned tasks in terms of labor hour estimates, parts, materials, specialized tooling, etc.
• Be visible in the workplace, and
• Any other tasks as assigned by your Supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
• Craft Certificate or better in Mechanical Engineering
• Grade 12 School Certificate
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in maintenance of Fixed Plant Equipment and associated infrastructure preferably in the mining industry or a mineral processing industry role.
• Able to read, understand and reference maintenance manuals and assembly drawings
• Able to interpret hydraulic and pneumatic drawings and draft sketches.
• Able to maintain and repair all mechanical equipment (pumps, screens, crushers, gear boxes, slurry pumps, mills, flotation cells etc.
• Adhering to Safety Standards, procedures, rule and regulations.
• Experience in large multi process operations utilising large scale Process Plant equipment.
• Able to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian drivers licence.
• Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
• Must have excellent good written and oral communication skills in English
• Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Send your application to the link below: