Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Electrical Coordinator.
• Reporting to the Electrical Superintendent, you will be Responsible for supervision and execution of electrical infrastructure in the in-pit and operating environments
• Responsible for ensuring effective electrical maintenance of all sections of Mining Maintenance and across site;
• Development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and ensuring maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions;
• Coordination of all electrical maintenance activities and supervision of contract electrical maintenance crews and service providers
• Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
• Measure and monitor condition of equipment and report overall equipment and infrastructure performance
• Review and refine the Geological and Grade control processes and procedures to align with global best practice.
• Establish, monitor and control QA/QC performance of all electrical appliances and equipment.
• Provide accurate inputs (estimations) to periodic reconciliations.
• Comply with all relevant MOS (Management Operating System) requirements.
• Maintain all relevant grade control modelling procedures.
• Conduct specific project work as directed by the Geology Superintendent.
Experience & Qualifications
• Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree – Electrical/Mechanical
• Must be computer literate i.e., MS Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook and other planning software
• At least 10 years experience in a middle management role in a large scale mining operation.
• Experience in fixed and mobile electrical maintenance
• Experience in developing management operating systems.
• Commissioning experience.
• Competent in incident/accident investigation
• Experience in managing costs and budgeting.
• Experience in leading medium sized technical teams
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
How to apply
Send your application to the link below: