Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Mechanical Workshop Supervisor.
• Reporting to the Mechanical Maintenance Coordinator you will be responsible for for assisting the Mechanical Maintenance Coordinator in establishment of preventative and responsive Mechanical maintenance and development within the process area and across the site.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• In cooperation with the Mechanical Maintenance Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day mechanical maintenance of the processing plant and other areas.
• Review of maintenance tasks and procedures including JSA’s and SOP’s
• Perform supervisory duties such as recommending work assignments, approving leave and assist in completing performance evaluations
• Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist immediate supervisor.
• The position will be expected to positively impact and contribute to the performance of the company through leadership and individual activity.
• Achievement of plant throughput and maintenance targets in the most cost effective manner within budgets
• Assist in preparation of project cost and work-time estimates.
• Actively participate in identification and implementation of projects that demonstrate working in an environment of continuous improvement.
• Ensure personal and team compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions.
• Carry out administrative functions commensurate with the role.
• Transfer of technical knowledge to the positions subordinate workforce
• Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
• Be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the team.
• Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
• Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
• Assist to report overall equipment and infrastructure performance.
• Cooperate with the maintenance planners regarding input schedules and accurate information.
• Accountable for completion of all tasks identified in the MOS Elements to the specified quality and timelines as assigned to this role
• Scope out or validate, as appropriate, work order assigned tasks in terms of labor hour estimates, parts, materials, specialized tooling, etc.
• Be visible in the workplace, and
• Any other tasks as assigned by your Supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
• Diploma/ Technician/Craft Certificate in Mechanical Engineering.
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
• Minimum five (5) years experience in a supervisory role in a large scale processing plant.
• Experience with Gas/Arc welding procedures, use of welding machines etc.
• Experience with flotation circuits and copper concentrate processing.
• Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian drivers licence or be able to obtain one.
• Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings e.g. Auto CAD
• Ability to read and interpret Microsoft project softwareZambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Send your application to the link below: