Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Electrical Supervisor
• Reporting to the Electrical Coordinator you will be responsible for maintaining established buildings & Pit infrastructure and carry out any modifications/alterations as required.
• Management of all projects related to established buildings and Pit infrastructure from planning to commission stage. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Ensure proficient execution of maintenance and breakdown services as directed across site through CMMS Pronto and make sure that levels of completion are met.
• Plan, execute, manage and commission projects related to pit infrastructure, building services and other areas as directed.
• Utilise Pronto maintenance management system effectively.
• Carry out planned maintenance inspections and unscheduled work as set out by the planned maintenance section and strive to meet compliance levels set.
• Take full responsibility and accountability for the performance of contractor labour.
• Prepare and control cost budgets for electrical teams.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improving of processes and systems.
• Measure and report overall equipment and infrastructure performance.
• Provide technical support to production and maintenance teams in order to meet operational targets
• Support trouble shooting, identification and evaluation of root causes of failures to improve machine availability and performance.
• Review work execution performance of team to identify gaps and take corrective action as deemed necessary to improve performance.
• Participate in development of personal training strategies and undertake appropriate training modules.
• Carry out administrative functions commensurate with the role.
• Achievement of In Pit Services infrastructure and maintenance targets in the most cost effective manner within budgets
• Be visible in the workplace, and
• Any other tasks as assigned by your Supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
• Technician/Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
• At least 5 years of experience in the mining Industry
• Experience in large multi pit operations utilising large scale mining equipment.
• Previous experience in supervising the workforce.
• High Voltage switching authorisation
• Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
• Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian drivers licence.
• Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings e.g. Auto CAD
• Ability to read and interpret Microsoft project softwareZambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Send your application to the link below: