Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Boilermaker
• Reporting to the Shift Supervisor you will be responsible for assisting the maintenance department in the establishment of preventative and responsive maintenance and development with the maintenance department and the site. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Personally demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely.
• Provide resources and create a working environment that encourages personnel to actively contribute to safety, health and environmental affairs by managing risk in compliance with company objectives, policies, procedures, safe work practices and relevant regulations.
• Actively participate in identification and implementation of projects that demonstrate working in an environment of continuous improvement.
• Ensure compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions.
• Carry out administrative functions commensurate with the role.
• Achievement of plant throughput and maintenance targets in the most effective manner within budget.
• Execute function to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and trade standards.
• Fully responsible for the quality of work.
• Verify conformance of work piece to operational specifications.
• Review of maintenance tasks and procedures including JSA’s and SOP’s.
• Repair or replacement of defective parts, wear plates, buckets, bowls and other fabrication components using torches, welding equipment and metalwork machinery.
• Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist immediate supervisor.
• Achievement of In Pit Services infrastructure and maintenance targets in the most cost effective manner within budgets
• Be visible in the workplace, and
• Any other tasks as assigned by your Supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
• Craft Certificate in Fabrication/ Welding / Boilermaking.
• Minimum of 3 years experience preferably in the mining industry or a mineral processing industry role.
• Able to read, understand and reference maintenance manuals.
• Able to interpret fabrication drawings and draft sketches.
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
• At least 3 years of experience in the mining Industry
• Experience in large multi pit operations utilising large scale mining equipment.
• Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
• Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian drivers licence.
• Ability to read and interpret Microsoft project softwareZambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Send your application to the link below: