In the quest to meet national and global human resource needs in a Responsible, Accountable, Relevant, and Ethical (RARE) way, Mulungushi University has set itself on a firm expansion trajectory. This has resulted into the introduction of the School of Medicine which will offer a number of programmes, the Schools of Science, Engineering and Technology which offers engineering programmes and the Schools of Social Sciences, Education, and Business Studies. Lecturers are expected to participate in teaching both (full time and distance learning) research, consultancy and service to community. The Council of Mulungushi University as an equal opportunity employer, is inviting qualified and sufficiently motivated individuals to apply for the following positions:-
• To install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair Air conditioners, Fridges, Cold Rooms and refrigeration related appliances at all Mulungushi University Campuses.
• Manage the turn-around time for user complaints.
• Install, troubleshoot and repair refrigeration, cold rooms and air-Conditioning units.
• Carry out maintenance and management of refrigeration, cold rooms and air-conditioning units.
• Adhere to Quality Assurance standards set by the University
• Receive specific daily work schedules from the Electrical Maintenance Officer or designee.
• Carry out installation, maintenance and servicing of all refrigeration, cold room and air- conditioning units.
• Interpret from engineering drawings/examines and carry out scheduled Preventive Maintenance.
• Advise on the rehabilitation of related infrastructure.
• Advise on the status of all essential spares in the section,
• Ensure all tools are available and in good condition at all times
• Ensure high standard of housekeeping are maintained.
• Full Grade 12 Certificate with 05 Credits or better
• Advanced Certificate or a Craft Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning recognised by the Zambia Qualifications Authority (ZAQA) such as ECZ and TEVETA.
• ZEMA recognised certificate in Refrigerant Management.
• A member of EIZ. 5. At least 25 Years
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in the maintenance of refrigeration and air conditioning units.
• Experience in the maintenance of Cold rooms will be an added advantage
How to apply:
Send your application letters with a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, transcripts and any such other material as the applicant may wish to submit. The curriculum vitae must give full personal particulars including full name, date of birth, qualifications, employment and experience, date of availability, telephone number, e-mail address, names and addresses of three traceable referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the candidate and one character referee to:
P0 Box 80415,