The Company Background MultiChoice Africa provides a multi-channel pay-TV and subscriber management services in 49 African countries including: Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Nigeria, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia, Botswana and Mozambique. The company promotes the creation, showcasing and building up of local African talent. As an African business the organization has brought both social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, in terms of access to information and job opportunities. Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy LTd-BEMCONSULT has been given the mandate by MultiChoice Africa to assist in the identification and recruitment of a highly qualified professional. The position will be based in Lusaka for the period required to run the program.
• This role is over the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF).
• The Academy Director will be required to set up the MTF Academy and successfully run it, in collaboration with identified MultiChoice Africa and other Group Company managers.
• The Academy Director will ensure that the MultiChoice Talent Factory is run according to scope, budget and approved schedule.
Establishment of the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF) Academy:
• Identify suitable space, negotiate availability and Finalise an agreement that will result in the establishment of physical infrastructure for the academy.
• Determine the physical resources, materials and equipment required for use in the MTF Academy and collaborate with assigned company employees to Finalise procurement
• Finalise a curriculum framework and accredited post-school institution with relevant academic programmes to deliver credit-bearing courses for the academic training that is responsive to identified needs and constraints with all relevant stakeholders
• Finalise an agreement on the delivery of the academic programme with Legal Experts
• Engage with key industry and regulatory stakeholders, in collaboration with assigned company employees, to secure buy-in and support for the MTF Academy concept
• Ensure that key stakeholders are identified and involved in an advisory capacity and accordance with the MTF objectives to entrench the MTF as a key industry talent pipeline initiative
• Investigate and establish partnerships with industry experts to plan the delivery of industry professional master classes according to identified needs
Effective and successful management of the MTF Academy
• Effectively participate and play a leading role in the recruitment and selection of interns according to the agreed strategy, schedule and timelines
• Effectively manage the MTF Academy to ensure successful implementation and operations and manage MTF Academy plans and schedules as determined
• Monitor the effectiveness of intern learning experiences while they are placed on productions by means of agreed monitoring and reporting templates and mitigate any challenges that are identified
• Ensure that the MTF Academy and its programmes are aligned to identified industry needs, constraints and opportunities
• Provide MTF Academy reports according to agreed reporting timelines
• Arrange the production of the pre-determined number of local productions (short films) by teams of interns to ensure that they meet with the quality standards of MultiChoice Africa, M-Net and/or their subsidiaries
• Identify a facilitating producer/s and production facility/facilities for interns during the development of their local productions at rates that are cost-effective for the MTF Academy as a development initiative and Finalise an agreement.
• Provide overall management and oversight of intern conduct while part of the MTF Academy
• Appoint a Human Resources co-ordinator to ensure successful implementation of Academy activities and intern conduct
• Manage relationships with key industry stakeholders, in collaboration with assigned company employees, to ensure the creation of goodwill from the MTF Academy in accordance with its business and developmental objectives
• Participate, as assigned, in various campaigns and events to generate awareness of the MTF Academy and the graduation of interns
• Execute any related tasks to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the MTF Academy
The incumbent should have demonstrated the following competencies:
• Demonstrate an extensive understanding of local Film and TV industry.
• Conceptualise innovative ideas to successfully run the MTF and create social value.
• Good understanding of modern film and TV production trends.
The incumbent is required to demonstrate the following personality attributes:
• Enjoys being creative and can think of new solutions.
• Inclined to critically evaluates information and looks for potential limitations.
• Prefers to adopt a long-term perspective and is more likely to take a strategic perspective without losing sight of the operational aspects.
• A strong preference to work with others in a collaborative manner.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Film and TV Production or equivalent.
• MBA/Master’s degree is an added advantage
• 10 years’ experience in film and TV production.
How to Apply
Submit your CV to:
Brilliance Executive Management Consultants Zambia,
5984 Paseli Road-off Manchinchi Road,