Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Production Engineer.
Reporting to: Mining Productivity & Systems Superintendent
• Reporting to the Mining Productivity & Systems Superintendent, you will support the drive for ever increasing mining productivity through analysis of mining data to identify key opportunities and continuous improvement.
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Analysis of mining data and costs to support decision making and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Development and maintenance of a comprehensive mining review book. (Stats book)
• Management operating system (MOS) maintenance and compliance
• Provide coaching and mentoring
• Responsible for taking action on identified improvement opportunities to the MOS Element.
• Cascade plan and objectives through the team to ensure all activities are focused on agreed outcomes and reflected in the short-term mine plans.
• Work with the superintendents and supervisors to achieve production and cost targets in conjunction with the daily, weekly and monthly mining plans that correspond with the annual production target
• Degree in Mining Engineering
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in large multi pit operations utilising large scale mining equipment i.e. Load & Haul, rotary drilling and blasting experience essential.
• Strong understanding of fleet management systems (Modular)
• Excellent computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
• Competent in incident/accident investigation
• Experience in managing costs and budgeting
• Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas to completion
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Member of the Engineering institute of Zambia
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: