Ecobank Zambia is a full service bank providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporate business segments within its 7 branches. The bank’s vision is to build a world-class Pan-African bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Africa by providing customers with convenient, accessible and reliable financial products and services. The bank is an affiliate of the Pan-Africa Leader Ecobank Group which is present in 33 Countries in Africa. In order to respond to our growing market with the required Human Capital, we are currently looking for an experienced professional in the following area:
Reports to: Head – Information Technology
• Overall responsibility for data center, power, racks, servers, desktops, operating systems, internal and external telecommunications, networking and security.
• Management of the data center – ensure compliance to Ecobank group standards
• Infrastructure Management (racks, servers, desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, photocopiers, Backup, CCTV, etc.)
• Commissioning and configuration of systems, networks and equipment; including hardware, peripherals, and operating software and ensure efficient performance and deployment of appropriate business and support services.
• Manage telephone systems including VOIP, Video conferencing, Call Centre systems, fax machines, e-mail systems and other Internet communications.
• Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
• Manage the performance monitoring of ICT resources and perform diagnosis and resolution of network infrastructure, OS and hardware faults (including peripherals) – demand and capacity management.
• Manage service level, license and contract agreements with vendors and service providers.
• Management LAN and WAN infrastructure, including telephony (IP, E1 and VOIP) QoS, VPN and MPLS (local and international)
• Ensure LAN/WAN infrastructure fine tuning and upgrade including documentation is done regularly in line with Ecobank group standards.
• Manage the monitoring of Health and Safety and audit checks including electrical testing, warranties, licenses and risk assessments.
• Develop system recovery processes to minimize the risk and impact of a serious disaster and threats to continuity of bank’s operations (including management of appropriate back up regime and virus protection).
• Undertake available training opportunities offered by VBI and the bank from time to time and demonstrate a commitment to continuous development.
• Demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly, sometimes outside of normal core hours, in response to service demands as agreed with Management or Ecobank group
• IT asset inventory management
• Link optimization to ensure high link performance and consistently meeting the 100% service availability benchmark.
• Security Management, including EPO, WSUS and DPM. Ensuring compliance as per guidelines provided by Ecobank group security support team
• User support and training
• Systems Administration
• Operating Systems Configuration and Maintenance
• Microsoft Office products Management
• Housekeeping including physical security checks
• Systems performance optimization
• Domain, Microsoft Exchange, users’ files Backups and Systems configuration
• Management of Active Directory
• To perform other tasks as may be required by management or Ecobank group.
• Reduced number of incidents
• Meeting deadlines
• Minimization of system downtime due to service disruptions
• Adherence to Ecobank standards
• Service availability percentages
• Number of issues logged and resolved compared to number of issues reported
• Successful implementation of projects
• Maintenance of up to date records
• Auditor’s exceptions
• % Compliance of AV Update on Desktops and Servers using ePO server
• No of implemented Preventive Measures in response to identified security threats
• No of security related service down times
• Bank’s Business units
• Bank’s Support units
• End users/Customers
• EZM & Group Infrastructure, applications and service delivery team
• Vendors & Service Providers
• eProcess infrastructure team
• Problem solving
• Analytical skills
• Excellent Customer relationship
• Ability to work under stress
• Team player
• Good communication skills
• Service oriented
• Time and people management
• Project management
• Planning and organizing
• Microsoft products, hardware, Unix/Linux/AIX
• Bachelors in Computer Sciences or relevant field
• CISCO certification
• Microsoft Certification is an Added Advantage
• Three (3) Years’ Experience
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be part of our vibrant and result oriented team, send your application with detailed Curriculum Vitae including copies of your academic qualifications to either:
Country Head Human Resources,
Ecobank Zambia Ltd,
PO Box 30705,