Barrack Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Senior FPA SpecialistRole SummaryReporting to the Contracts Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and systematic procurement of goods on Forward Purchase Agreements (FPA), effective monitoring of FPAs, development of transparent tendering schedules, developing best practice in relation to procurement, advising and developing strategy, develop and advise on procurement, FPA management strategies. Identify opportunities for better procurement and develop modern FPA management practices.Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Sourcing of stock items.
• Engage in and maintain sound relationships with Suppliers and Customers.
• Administration of the purchasing system.
• Ensuring all purchases are in accordance to all HSE standards.
• Obtain quotes for standard stock items as required.
• Prepare comprehensive price adjudications for standard stock items.
• Ensure purchasing policy and procedures are adhered to.
• Ensure sourcing, obtaining quotes and adjudication is processed within the stipulated time frame.
• Clarifying purchasing requests with originators if necessary to ensure requirements are adequately described and the correct specifications are obtained.
• Identification and implementation of business opportunities.
• Obtain savings through supplier negotiations.
Experience & Qualifications
• Degree in Purchasing and Supply /Business Administration with experience in Mining Environment or Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Mining with experience in Supply Chain Management.
• Member of CIPS and ZIPS.
• Significant experience (5 years) in Procurement, preferably in the mining industry.
• Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of international procurement processes.
• Experience in the use of PRONTO or other ERP systems.
• Understanding of the relationship between purchasing, warehouse and inventory.
• Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian driver’s license.
• Experience in managing costs and budgeting
• Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: