Yalelo is a pioneer of aquaculture in Zambia, bringing together local resources and world-leading practices. We implement a scalable solution to ease the pressure on Zambia’s struggling wild-capture fisheries sector. Founded in 2011, we have grown quickly to become the leading fisheries firm in Zambia and among the largest aquaculture firms in Africa. We breed and grow our tilapia on the shores of Lake Kariba and sell our product fresh nation-wide. Our pristine water, locally produced non-GMO fish feed and a robust cold-chain results in a product quality and affordability that is transforming the customer experience.
Yalelo is seeking sharp, energetic, young and enthusiastic Warehouse Supervisor who is to work under the Lake Operations Manager. This position is open to Zambians only.
Location: The role will be primarily based in Siavonga.
• Achieving high levels of excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods.
• Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee performance.
• Organizing and maintaining inventory; and a neat and tidy storage area.
The Right-Fit candidate will:
• Oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities. You will implement production, productivity, quality and customer service standards and achieve the appropriate level of volume within time limits.
• Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and to increase the company’s overall targets.
• Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy.
• Communicate job expectations and coach employees.
• Determine staffing levels and assign workload.
• Interface with customers to answer questions or solve problems.
• Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status.
• Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices.
• Confer and coordinate activities with other departments.
• Demonstrate a consistently high level of quality of work.
• Utilize problem solving/ trouble shooting skills.
• Perform other duties as necessary in support of Yalelo objectives.
Our Warehouse Supervisor should have:
• Proven work experience as a warehouse supervisor.
• Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques.
• Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency.
• Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data.
• Hands-on commitment to getting the job done.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations.
• Strong organisational and time management skills.
• BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
• Industry Experience: FMCG experience preferred
• Two (2) years work experience at least.
• Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment.
• May be required to work a schedule outside business hours and/or flexible shifts.
How to Apply
If this is YOU, Yalelo wants to hear from you today!!! Please email your cover letter and CV to: