Yalelo is a pioneer of aquaculture in Zambia, bringing together local resources and world-leading practices. We implement a scalable solution to ease the pressure on Zambia’s struggling wild-capture fisheries sector. Founded in 2011, we have grown quickly to become the leading fisheries firm in Zambia and among the largest aquaculture firms in Africa. We breed and grow our tilapia on the shores of Lake Kariba and sell our product fresh nation-wide. Our pristine water, locally produced non-GMO fish feed and robust cold-chain results in a product quality and affordability that is transforming the customer experience. Yalelo is seeking a highly energetic and hands-on HR & Administration Officer who is to work in Siavonga under our HR and Administration department.
Position Summary: The HR & Administration Assistant will be responsible for various tasks required by Yalelo, which will fall primarily under Human Resources and Site Administration.
The Right-Fit candidate will:
• To provide a professional HR support service covering payroll administration, HR administration and providing HR advice and support to the site.
• To provide support to the HR Manager in the day-to-day operations of the HR function, advising and coaching Line Managers and employees on policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment and basic employment law matters.
• To provide support to the HR Manager in employee relations issues, such as disciplinary, grievance and attendance management.
• Process disciplinary documents, arrange for case hearings and take Minutes
• To maintain, develop and improve HR systems so that accurate records are kept and efficient data retrieval is available for employees and management information.
• To support the HR Manager and the Production Director in the maintenance and implementation of administrative processes, policies and systems.
• Assist with communication drives to ensure employees are informed (Notice Boards, distribution of briefs, etc.)
• Member of ZIHRM
Diploma/Degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution
Knowledge of the Zambian Labour Laws, HR Policies & Procedures
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills
• Strong command of Microsoft Office applications
• Minimum two years of professional experience
Highly motivated self-starter; well-organized; resourceful; works well as part of a team
Location: The role will be primarily based out of Siavonga but may require occasional overnight travel to Lusaka.
How to Apply
If this is YOU, Yalelo wants to hear from you today!!! Please email your cover letter and CV to: