The adoption of mobile phones to provide mobile money and other financial services has changed the dynamics of the Zambian banking industry, bringing financial services closer to the public through MNO, Fintech and merchant network platforms within local communities. FINCA Zambia’s strategy is to join the frontier emerging market opportunities by introducing digital banking to extend a full bouquet of financial services to underserved low-income people and communities. These products and services will be launched through key partnerships and collaborations. It is in this regard that FINCA hereby seeks talented individuals, sharing a passion to drive financial inclusion through Mobile Financial Services. Reporting to: the Head of Mobile Financial Services (Head of Digital Banking), The Mobile Financial Services Specialist will be guided by the following roles:
Duties and Responsibilities.
• Supports the Head of Mobile Financial Services in the product development cycle. The MFS Specialist is in charge of running product trials applying agile techniques until the final product design is approved.
• Assists in Building a team from project, implementation, to business unit.
• Continuous engagement with key players in MFS i.e. MNOs (Mobile Network Operators and Payment Service Providers) at the appropriate levels to ensure strategic relationship management.
• Liaison with core business functional areas providing support to the MFS business unit: Finance, Call Centre, Banking Services, Risk, Legal, etc.
• Issues and analyses MFS business unit reports. (Product Performance Monitoring). Prepares or coordinates preparation of reports, briefings, publications, training, and other means of promoting wide understanding of Mobile Financial Services performance within FINCA.
• Mobilise and manage external funders that may be keen to support Mobile Financial Services as offered by FINCA.
• Develops specific operational processes, obtains approval from MB and Board, and implements them
• Ensuring that Service Level agreements are in place covering all MFS that are live with agreed and clear responsibilities, deliverables and standards.
• Supports the Head of Mobile Financial Services with other business related matters.
• Secretary of the Mobile Steering Committee for both the Projects phases and go live phases of the Product Development lifecycle.
• Demonstrate creativity and innovation; ability to develop ideas into products and solutions serving underserved customers cost effectively. Creative individual with a customer centric focus
• Proactive approach to product monitoring; always updated on current financial issues and opportunities around the MFS space.
• Efficient, organised and dependable. Able to execute correctly with little guidance from supervisor.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrates highest standard of integrity by modelling FINCAs values and ethical standards;
• Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of FINCA
• Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
• Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business administration, finance, Banking, ICT or other related field.
• Holder of any HCD (Human Centred Design) qualification/training is an added advantage
• Certification in Retail Banking is another added advantage
• At least 3 years’ experience in Electronic/ Digital Banking with a reputable financial institution
• Added Telecoms experience. Strong track record in Mobile Money projects in a Mobile telecoms environment
• Good knowledge of various MFS products, current trends, market dynamics and customer needs.
• Knowledge of regulatory and other product and user experience related issues
How to Apply
Send your applications to the link below: