Crested Crane Academy is a Co-educational Day and Boarding School offering Pre-School, Primary and Secondary education in Lusaka, Zambia. It is one of the best performing schools in Lusaka. Crested Crane Academy is on Leopards Hill Road in New Kasama.The School is rapidly growing and therefore seeks the services of a well experienced Accounting Officer to be employed as School Accountant.
• The School Accountant role involves preparing and maintaining monthly management accounts and presenting financial information in a clear and meaningful format. Main responsibilities include the operational management of the Finance Office and line management of the Finance Officers.
• Additionally, the role includes providing effective administrative support for HR matters including recruitment, overseeing the appointment, working hours, absence and leavers’ processes.
• Operational management of the Finance Office.
• Accurate financial reporting and control to manage cash-flow with monthly forecast update.
• Monitor the Purchase Ledger.
• Prepare year-end annual accounts.
• Manage School Lettings and extra-curriculum financial transactions.
• Analyse fixed assets and calculate depreciation.
• Calculate and post accruals and pre-payments.
• Prepare management accounts with analysis of performance v forecast, and re-forecast P&L account and Balance Sheet schedules.
• Draft budget and supporting reports with the Bursar taking into account fees, salaries, bursaries and school development plans.
How to Apply
If you feel you possess the skill-sets and competences required for the job backed with good Accounting qualifications please send your application together with a CV via email to: