• Conduct credit assessments, loan portfolio analysis and prepare Credit Risk Management reports.
• Analyze financial data regarding loan requests for new, renewal and existing loans, including data provided by credit bureaus, other financial institutions and approve loans within the approval mandate.
• Prepares spread sheets, reports, summaries and opinions for FINCA Zambia loan portfolio on new, renewal and existing loans.
• Works with examiners and third party vendors and make recommendations for credit rating
• Performs credit inquires for the financial institution as requested.
• Researches background documentation and reviews personal and business financial statements and tax returns. Analyzes financial information and prepares the preliminary analysis for the lender.
• Interpret tax returns, public and private corporations’ financial statements and input financial data into computer generated spread model.
• Track and review interim and annual financial information on existing customers
• Consult and work in tandem with Loan Officers in gathering appropriate documentation to resolve credit quality issues.
• Recommend and monitor borrower adherence to loan covenants
• Prepare and track risk management reports, commercial loan portfolio concentration reports, real estate appraisal evaluations, and audit portfolio administration.
• Prepare regular scheduled Credit reports and presentations for Management, CRMC, and BCRMC.
• Conduct pre/post disbursement field visits to ascertain existence of the clients, businesses applying for loans, verify the quality of collateral pledged.
• Update and monitor Credit key risk indicators and ensure appropriate remedial actions/strategies are developed and implemented for any adverse trends.
• Assist in development and ongoing review of risk appetite, policy, procedures and limits to ensure exposure to potential risks is mitigated.
• Develop a subject matter expertise in the area of digital innovation and assessment of mobile loans through the use of credit scoring mechanisms.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
• To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• A good understanding of Credit Risk Management practices in a financial Institution.
• Practical knowledge of Credit evaluation in a Financial/Banking sector
• Financial analytical skills.
• Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with the various stakeholders.
• High proficiency in the use of computer applications for capture and analysis of information.
• Knowledge and effective application of all relevant policies, processes, procedures and guidance to consistently achieve required standards or benchmarks.
• Real motivation to work and grow in a challenging environment.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Experience & Qualifications
• A degree in Business Studies – Accounting, Banking, or Equivalent.
• 2 years’ relevant work experience in the same capacity with either Micro-Finance Institution or Commercial Bank.
• Key deliverables
• Logical framework for Credit reporting and impact analysis
• Timely and quality Credit reporting
• Credit assessments within agreed Turn Around Time (TAT)
How to Apply
Send your applications to the link below: