• Deliver Finance Services to business in areas of work that could include receivables, reporting, accounting or treasury.
• To support the business by the provision of robust, timely financial information or services contributes to process or service improvements.
• Timely delivery relevant management reports and /or services
• Expected to deliver quality result in fast changing business environment
• Support continuous improvement and efficiency in relevant processes
• Management of diverse stakeholders e.g. Sales Team, Customers, Finance, etc
• Align local Accounts Receivables processes with the Syngenta Group Ways of Working with bias towards internal controls
• Supervision of AR team to ensure timely reports to management
• Oversee customer reconciliations
• Conduct and Lead weekly AR/Sales customer accounts evolution meetings
• Participate in Credit review process
• Manage AR month end processes (AR reporting, BDDP)
• Ensure customer payments are timely credited to customer accounts
• Ensure customer accounts and reconciled and statements distributed to the customers every month
• Visit and manage critical major customer accounts
• Liaise with Credit Control in managing customer accounts regards Trade Finance Credit Management(TFCM)
• Responsible for the Accounts Receivable Sub Ledger and from it, ensure it reconciles with the General Ledger every month
• Responsible for the computation of the aging of receivables and respective suggested bad and doubtful debts
Critical success factors & key challenges
• Manage the AR Team effectively
• Reduce the BDDP
• Reduce on number of blocked accounts
• Ensure correct payment allocations are made
• Ensure daily posting of accounts payments to customer accounts
• Participate in the month end process
• Ensure all your inputs are ready for month end reporting
• Prepare and Present AR accounts reconciliation on a monthly basis
• Knowledge, experience & capabilities
• Critical knowledge
• Good understanding of local Generally Accepted Accounting Policies
• Good understanding of legal entity governance framework
• Good understanding of business end to end processes and internal controls necessary to safeguard the Company’s assets.
Qualified Accountant i.e. CIMA, ZICA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent
• Last level accounting profession as above with experince will be considered
• Three (3)-five (5) years experience in relevant roles
• Keen demonstrated strengths in unquestionable integrity and trustworthiness.
• Experience in working in multi national organizations with emphasis on communicating and decision making with demonstrated ability to work under pressure. Must be motivated by interdependency.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
• Credible with local senior management and comfortable with expressing his views or putting alternate point of view in a constructive way.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Critical leadership capabilities
• Manages Performance to ensure high standards
• Service Mindset
• Ability to communicate with diverse senior stakeholder groups
How to Apply
Send your applications to the link below: