The Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research (ZIPAR) is a semi-autonomous Think-Tank whose mandate is to conduct socio-economic research and policy analysis in order to provide evidence-based policy advice to the Government, the private sector, civil society and other stakeholders in Zambia. ZIPAR also promotes economic literacy thereby encouraging increased stakeholder participation in national policy dialogue and debate on economic topics of wide public interest. ZIPAR is an equal opportunity employer. We therefore, invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions in our Emerging Themes, Human Development, Trade & Investment and Macroeconomics & Monetary Policy Units.
Reports to: Research Fellow II
• To carry out background research and data collection as well as elementary data analysis for research and policy analysis and contribute to the writing of research papers and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work on a variety of projects conducted by ZIPAR to develop skills and experience in research and consultancy projects.
• Conduct research in respective thematic areas of ZIPAR under the guidance of the Research Fellow II
• Carry out background research and data collection, as well as elementary data analysis, for research and consultancy projects
• Plan ,conduct and complete small and medium sized projects within budgets under the supervision of Research Fellow II;
• Participate in reviewing and proof reading of project reports and working papers.
• Design questionnaires for data collection and conduct interviews for various studies;
• Write Research reports, policy briefs, opinion pieces, position papers in collaboration others or under the direction of a supervision;
• Be part of Research team to disseminate ZIPAR research outputs to various stakeholders at annual conferences and any other platform;
• Attend seminars, workshops , training and other meetings as necessary;
• Supervise interns and Research Assistants engaged on short term contracts;
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Research Fellow II
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Economics or closely related field;
• A Master’s degree an added advantage;
• At least one year post qualifying experience preferably in a research environment.
• Competence in Microsoft office, statistical and econometric packages
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Organized and detail oriented
• Ability to work within a team and under minimum supervision
• A good command of written and spoken English
• ZIPAR is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Submit your application letters, CVs and supporting documentation, indicating the position applied for on the envelope and in the email subject line to:
The Executive Director,
Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research,
Central Statistical Office Annex Building, Opposite Ridgeway Campus
Corner John Mbita and Nationalist Roads,
PO Box 50782