Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
• To build maintain and manage the end-to-end credit operation for Personal Banking (PB) Credit in Zambia incorporating all aspects of the credit life-cycle
• Responsible for day-to-day management of PB Credit processes and people
• Deliver a professional service against specific process measures aligned to the credit risk management KRAs and agreed SLA with all Business units.
• To lead and guide a team responsible for the execution of the standard processes for Originations & Evaluation, Account Management & Collateral, Rehabilitation & Recoveries for Personal Bankiing.
• To ensure that laid down policies, procedures are implemented and adhered to.
• Deploy and maintain standard people structures to deliver the approved PBB credit strategy and processes.
• Approval of credit within delegated authority.
• To actively participate in Credit risk management committee meetings and watch list committee meetings and to provide meaningful input into risk appetite discussions, portfolio management and collections strategies as well as detecting and evaluating shifts or changes in key risk parameters and the effects of such changes on portfolios and relationships.
• Deploy capacity planning models to ensure adequate staffing to support growth and ‘business-as-usual operations.’ Where changes to capacity are required to improve adherence to credit policy / improve customer experience / etc, take appropriate action.
• Evaluating credit capabilities within the team and Recruit, retain develop and deploy people with energy passion and the appropriate technical competencies and skills.
• To actively monitor appropriate metrics across the credit life-cycle to ensure that the origination, evaluation, credit risk monitoring and rehabilitation and recoveries functions meet the highest standards in accordance with laid down policies and procedures and to guide and coach the respective teams on the best credit practices.
• To ensure that all internal and external reporting is completed accurately, on time and that appropriate value adding insights into the portfolio are provided so that both internal and external users of information have a deep and appropriate insight into the quality of the portfolio and the appropriateness of the processes.
• Understand the full cost of credit for the PB credit function
• Deliver robust, transparent and predictable credit losses within an agreed total cost (‘budget’) and ‘cost of credit’ framework.
• Regularly review process effectiveness and efficiency, and provide feedback to in-country management on a regular basis.
• Responsible for the implementation and adoption within the Business Unit of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes.
• This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
• This responsibility may be delegated formally.
• It is however noted that ultimate responsibility for the delegated issues shall rest on the person delegating.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Eight (8) - 12 years’ experience, including 2-5 years as a credit operations or portfolio manager in high-volume personal (e.g. retail) credit.
• Prior experience with credit workflow management tools and automated decisioning technology essential.
• University Degree with an inclination to Financial, Legal, accounting and Marketing options
• Other Business related professional qualifications are an added advantage
• Ability to identify and negotiate with key stakeholders to ensure the necessary buy-in and commitment to the success of the operating model.
• Ability to ensure that broader Business Unit and business strategy is taken into account and consensus with all stakeholders is reached on new developments.
• Ability to accurately read situations/the audience and appropriately adapt style in line with business needs.
• Ability to understand in-depth data analysis, trends, forecasts and reporting for use in setting the operational direction for the unit.
• Ability to coach, develop credit capability in country by providing on-going feedback, appraisal, and counselling.
• The ability to maximise performance of people within the team by appropriate people management skills.
To identify and manage both key performers as well as to manage poor performance within the team is a gateway competency for this role.
How to apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: