Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1.5 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund and WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP seeks to employ a Procurement Assistant to be based at the National Headquarters in Ndola.
Overall Job Purpose
• Provide overall backstopping support to the procurement function in line with the set guidelines and policies.
• Participates in supplier identification and physical vendor due diligence.
• Creates and maintains professional rapport with vendors regarding prices, products quality, availability and delivery.
• Examines quotations received from suppliers to ensure compliance with specifications.
• Makes arrangement with line manager to present the quotations to the Tender Committee for selection of a suitable vendor
• Gets appropriate review and approval before Purchase Order is raised and issued.
• Raises Orders specifying the type and quantity of goods or services required.
• Transmits and prioritizes approved Purchase Orders and supporting documents to suppliers.
• Reviews, updates, and maintains Purchase Order records until they are closed.
• Tracks deliveries and makes sure the Projects receive exactly what was ordered from suppliers.
• Liaises with the Administrator, or other designated staff, to ensure that all the goods received are recorded in either the Inventory List or Asset Register.
• Regularly monitors the progress and lead time of the orders made to ensure purchases are achieved within the agreed time frames.
• Maintains complete records of all procurement documents, e.g. copies of Orders. Quotations. Tender documents, various reports, etc.
• Maintains complete records of all the procurement documents e.g. copies of orders, quotations, tender documents etc
• Co-ordinates procurement meetings and appointments and responds to inquiries as required
• Grade 12 School certificate
• Certificate/Advanced certificate in Purchasing and supply
• Computer Literate in Microsoft Office
• Member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and supply ZIPS
• Experience of having worked in similar position will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae must be delivered to:
DAPP in Zambia,
12 Luneta Road, Northrise,