Camp Life is a two-month long evangelistic camp for the orphaned and vulnerable children of Lusaka. The purpose of Camp Life is to show children the love of God. Groups of 1000 orphaned and vulnerable children attend camp each week, during which time the word of God is ministered to them. Camp Life is a fast-paced fun week for the children and the adults who participate.
Family Legacy Missions Zambia seeks to recruit suitably qualified and interested individuals to serve as interns for a two months assignment in June 2018 and July 2018.
• Translate from English to Nyanja and vice versa
• Evangelize to and pray for children
• Facilitate orderly distribution of food, clothes and other material blessings
• Coordinate children and logistics for various camp activities
• Provision of information and cultural advice to American missionaries
• Provide counselling to children
• Ensure activities are carried out in an clean and safe environment
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Demonstrates commitment to FLMZ mission, vision and values
• Be in agreement with FLMZ statement of faith
• Able to speak and write clearly in English for translation and teaching purposes
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
• Be available on a full time basis for 7 weeks (including some Sunday afternoons)
• High energy – able to actively engage with Americans and children every day, all day for seven weeks.
• Demeanor – We are dealing with children from broken backgrounds and even some Americans from broken backgrounds. A Joyful demeanor is necessary.
• Prayerful and discerning
• Well dressed and presentable
How to Apply
Application forms should be requested by email: