Trident College is located on a 113-hectare nature reserve in Solwezi, Zambia. The school opened its doors to the first pioneering group of pupils and parents in January 2014. In addition to serving the educational needs of the local copper mining community, the College, which is now home to 190 pupils, is rapidly becoming the boarding school of choice in Zambia and a firm option for parents
and pupils throughout southern Africa.
Purpose of the Job
• Trident College is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced, and enthusiastic Director of Sports and Co-Curricular Activities.
The appointee will be responsible for the comprehensive design and implementation of a co-curricular program, with a special emphasis
• on sport, but including cultural and service activities. The incumbent will also serve as subject head of Physical Education - and will be expected to teach Physical Education through to Year 13.
• The position is a middle management appointment, reporting to the Deputy: Pastoral Care and Discipline. All staff are involved in the comprehensive co-curricular program. Applications from teachers who have had experience in a boarding environment would have an added advantage.
• The College offers the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) curriculum to boys and girls from year 7 to year 13 with external
• Cambridge Certification at the end of Year 11 (IGCSE), Year 12 (AS level) and Year 13 (A-Level).
• Trident College Solwezi forms part of the Trident Group schools which is made up of two prep schools and the College. Trident
• Schools are, in turn, operated by Educore Services, a leading provider of independent schooling in Zambia.
Qualifications and other Requirements
• The minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree with a Post Graduate Teaching Diploma and current registration as a teacher in
• the country of origin. Experience in Sports Management and in teaching the Cambridge or similar curriculum to senior classes
• is a prerequisite.
• Commencement date: Subject to negotiation but no later than 1
st September 2018.
• The successful candidate will possess the following key skills and attributes:
• Deep commitment to the holistic growth and development of learners.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to innovate, engage and motivate staff to achieve the objectives of the department and the school.
• Enjoy being part of an evolving and growing school environment.
• Enjoy living in a small, rural community.
How to apply
A CV and cover letter, including 3 contactable referees, must be sent to: