Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Commercial Services Manager. Role Summary Reporting to the General Manager, you will provide leadership and strategic direction for the commercial services function, and effective commercial and financial Management support and services to the General Manager and the site Management Team.
• Demonstrate always Company core values and ensure adherence to Environment, Health and Safety and Community company policies.
• Develop and implement effective financial controls, accountability and accuracy to ensure integrity of financial reporting internally and externally
• Provide a leading role in development of effective cost management, understanding and control within the site leadership team through the monthly cost control meetings
• Implement effective controls, reporting and management of the Capital approval, expenditure and budgeting process.
• Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place as per SOX reporting requirements
• Provide leadership and accountability for the budget and forecast processes to ensure meet deadlines on time and completion of structured budget process.
• Ensure compliance with tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met
• Provide effective direction and leadership to the Supply Chain function to ensure that effective controls are in place for management of warehouse inventory, procurement and logistics.
• Implement structured review of contract management processes, tendering and contract accountability.
• Provide guidance and input into contractual negotiations, resolution of contractual issues and assistance to contract representatives to ensure Barrick’s interests are maintained at optimal outcome.
• Provide leadership and direction for development of strategic improvements in the Supply chain functions.
• Provide support and leadership in ensuring efficient delivery of concentrates to smelters
• Develop and support implementation of tracking mechanisms for concentrate deliveries, high uranium blending and limits, haulage contractor performance, and concentrate marketing performance.
• Provide leadership and support to development of IT policy, procedures and compliance.
• Provide leadership and direction for development of camp management services, contractor management, travel, accommodation and site services.
Experience & Qualifications
• Degree in Finance / Commerce/ Economics or equivalent
• Significant experience (10 years) in a Senior or Managerial accounting role.
• Communication and relationship building skills
• Sound understanding and experience of the principles and practices in accounting.
• Previous mine site finance / accounting experience.
• Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness.
• Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas
• Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
• ERP systems experience – e.g. Pronto
• MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: