First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do. In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
• Control and manage stock levels to keep a large equipment fleet operating without stockouts whilst minimising working capital.
• Ensure adequate controls to minimise theft, errors and misstatements.
• Manage a large warehouse team and ensure they are operating efficiently and timeously.
• Train employees and ensure career development within the warehouse team.
• Ensure all safety standards within the warehouse function are adhered to.
• Improve identification of parts including generic descriptions where applicable.
• Prepare and manage the warehouse budget.
Other duties as assigned by the Commercial Manager.
• Bachelors’ degree in Commerce or related field; or
• CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply); or
• Relevant practical experience
Skills and experience:
• Three 3 years experience in a similar role in a large warehouse.
• Mining experience essential, preferably with experience of a large mining fleet.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must have unquestionable integrity.
• Must pay attention to detail.
• Must have a great work ethic and the ability to multitask.
• Must have leadership skills.
• Must have traceable references from previous employment history.
How to Apply
Submit your application on Company Website: