PATH is seeking to recruit a District TB Officer who will be seconded to the District Health Office in Kitwe. This position will report to the TB Technical Specialist based at the Copperbelt Provincial Health Office.
o Ensure effective programme planning and management
o Support the District in planning to ensure that TB activities are in line with the national TB strategic and operations plan and ensure that these are integrated into the district annual plan and budget
o Coordinate with partners supporting TB programs in the district
o Debrief district, and other relevant stakeholders on TB/HIV performance in the district
o Ensure effective supervision, mentorship and performance management of TB service delivery
o Support the dissemination of standards of care for susceptible TB, DR-TB, TB-HIV and pediatric TB case detection, diagnosis, and treatment to health facilities
o Conduct quarterly technical supervision to health facilities, document findings and address common performance issues
o Lead efforts to ensure quality in TB service delivery and diagnostics at district, facility and community levels
o Participate in mentoring TB service providers to build capacity and skills in quality TB service delivery
o Ensure that all patients are started on treatment within 7 days of diagnosis according to NSP guidelines
Oversee quality data collection, management and reporting for TB
• Collect TB service delivery data from Private (GPs) and Public health facilities and community partners and ensure it is adequately entered into NTP, DHIS and other databases as required
• Ensure completeness, correctness and timely submission of Quarterly reports
• Participate in the implementation of Community Monitoring and Evaluation in the district
• Conduct field visits to follow-up on missing or questionable data and provide mentoring to staff to address data quality issues.
Support management of TB district related stores
• Support the monitoring of stocks, and distribution to ensure non stock outs of anti TB medicines and laboratory supplies and consumables
• Support appropriate logistic and supplies management at the district.
Support the coordination of TB Training and staff orientations in the district
• Support the orientation of new TB staff to the TB-related tasks and responsibilities
• Identify training needs of different categories of staff for different services
• Plan and coordinate TB/HIV training in the district
• Diploma in Clinical Health Services or equivalent academic degree.
• Five (05) years of experience in health services provision.
• Experience in TB control is required.
• Ability to conduct trainings and build capacity in TB control, including DOTS and MDR-TB case-finding, diagnosis, and treatment.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain schedules for deliverables with excellent attention to details.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills to facilitate relations with the Government and local partners.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
• Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity working with international organizations is preferred.
• Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: