Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions at the University of Zambia:
• To provide technical support to the department in carrying out cartographic and other academic activities.
• Prepares, coordinates and participates in the preparation or review of work plans, policies, work/laboratory manuals, laboratory report books, procedures and related documentation;
• Responsible for administrative work such as ordering of cartographic materials, equipment and other requisites for the department;
• Offers technical advice as may be required by academic staff for their research and teaching work;
• Supervises all cartographic staff in the department;
• Demonstrates techniques and procedures to students during cartographic laboratory sessions;
• Prepares cartographic laboratories in digital mapping;
• Ensures maintenance of all infrastructure, equipment and instruments in the department and coordinates Geography field course;
• Participates in the preparation of Departmental budget;
• Maintains an updated inventory of all laboratory equipment and requisites, records on stock and other reports on laboratory operations;
• Ensures adherence to safety standards and provides First Aid to accident victims;
• Participates in the preparation of quarterly and annual operational performance reports.
• Grade 12 Certificate or its equivalent;
• Bachelor’s degree in Cartography, Geography, Natural Resources Management, Geomatics or any related field;
• Higher National diploma or Diploma in Cartography/Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Systems would be an added advantage;
• At least three (3) years’ experience in cartographic environment; and
• Knowledge of GIS, Remote Sensing and Cartographic Software would be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applications to be sent to:
University of Zambia,
PO Box 32379,