Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions at the University of Zambia:
Vice Chancellor’s Unit
• Responsible for carrying out audit assignments at the University of Zambia and highlighting variances in transaction recording and financial accounting for remedial action.
• Prepares and participates in the preparation or review of work plans, policies, work manuals and procedures and related documentation;
• Participates in determining whether schools/units/departments in the University are performing their planning, accounting, custodial or control activities in compliance with management policies, procedures and in a manner consistent with institutions objectivity’s high standards of administrative practices;
• Participates in surveying functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations and adequacy in the system;
• Obtains, analyses and appraises data to make an informed opinion about the adequacy and effectiveness of the system, and efficiency of the performance of activities under review;
• Participates in the preparation of Internal Audit Unit’s annual budget proposal, including estimates of costs associated with the Unit’s operations;
• Participates in the preparation of quarterly and annual operational performance reports.
• Grade 12 School Certificate or its equivalent;
• Level II ACCA, CIMA Management Level, ZICA Licentiate, Bachelor of Accountancy or its equivalent;
• Three (3) years relevant work experience;
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (proof of valid membership to be attached); and
• Must be Computer literate.
How to Apply
Applications to be sent to:
University of Zambia,
PO Box 32379,