Access Microfinance Holding AG („AccessHolding“) was established in 2006 by a group of international shareholders from the public and private sector. Our partners include among others the European Investment Bank (EIB), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and KfW Development Bank. The business purpose of AccessHolding is to build up and control a network of commercial banks in developing and transition countries (the “AccessGroup”) with a target group focus on micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs). The AccessGroup currently comprises ten financial institutions located in Sub-Saharan Africa, Central Asia, the Caucasus, and South America and employs close to 7.000 staff serving more than 400.000 clients. The head office of AccessHolding, the parent company of the Group, is located in Berlin, Germany. We are currently seeking to strengthen our Global IT Operations activities in Sub-Saharan Africa with the following:
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Starting in our network institution in Zambia, you will be responsible for infrastructure project implementation activities based on infrastructure designs and plans in several of our Sub-Saharan network banks.
• By working alongside the IT Infrastructure Project Manager, you will ensure the appropriate implementation of project deliverables.
• Therefore, you are taking care on-site of the external IT infrastructure provider, local IT team, software solution vendors and service providers.
Further tasks include:
• Coordinate and oversee all aspects of infrastructure project delivery on-site;
• Ensure infrastructure deployment activities and outcomes are on-track and deliver status reports to project stakeholders on time, scope and budget;
• Ensure infrastructure builds are secured and hardened on all OSI layers;
• Guarantee proper handovers from project to operations organization.
• University degree in Information Technology or similar fields;
• Relevant Microsoft or other vendor certifications are an advantage;
• High quality technical writing skills and experience of documenting IT infrastructure;
• Knowledge of Project Management best practices and work experience in the following fields:
• Implementation of virtualized server infrastructures with centralized storage and DC networking;
• Implementation of Windows Server technologies (HyperV, MS AD, LDAP, GPO, WAP, MS Licensing);
• Data Network implementation including LAN/WAN concepts, data transmission, routing, protocol stack, DNS, DHCP, load balancing, firewalls, web application proxies, load-balancing;
• Implementation of storage technologies (SAN, NAS, FE, RAID), including backup and data replication technologies;
• Coordination of IT infrastructure delivery vendors and internal teams;
• Knowledge of overall IT Security, Data and Networks security;
• Experience with escalation mechanisms and effective resolution;
• Understanding of MS SQL and software release and deployment management would be beneficial;
• IT Audit experience is an asset;
• Outstanding negotiation skills (contracting and management of local ICT vendors and providers);
• Flexible, self-driven, goal-oriented and pragmatic work style;
• Working experience in African countries;
• Very good spoken and written English, further foreign language skills are an asset;
Willingness to work in Sub-Saharan banks (Zambia, Liberia, Tanzania, Rwanda) and relocate as needed.
How to Apply
If you are interested in taking on this challenge and would like to join our team, please apply online submitting a CV plus Motivation Letter to: