Main Purpose of the job
• The Deputy Vice Chancellor Academics (DVC-A) reports to the Vice-Chancellor, and may act in the place of the Vice Chancellor in his or her absence.
• The DVC-A is responsible for implementing the academic strategic vision and mission of the University, for the quality assurance and regulatory compliance of all its academic policies and programs.
• He or she will play a key role in cultivating and maintaining a strategic and productive relationship between the academic and operations components of the University.
• Working with the Vice-Chancellor, the DVC-A will ensure that the major functions of quality teaching, learning and research, relationship management with businesses, industry; and community engagement are undertaken in a conscientious manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for implementing academic strategic vision and mission of the University
• Responsible for quality assurance and regulatory compliance of all academic policies and programmes
• Ensuring that academic programmes run efficiently and in accordance with Senate rules and regulations
• Coordinating all academic activities through Faculty Deans and Heads of Department
• Organizing University graduation and related activities and ceremonies
• Ensure production of University annual report
• Coordinating alumni activities
• Chairing Senate Committees as delegated by the Vice- Chancellor
Qualifications and experience
• An authenticated Doctorate degree from an accredited University is required with Five years’ experience in upper management OR
• An authenticated Master’s degree from an accredited University with Ten years’ experience in upper management
• Research publications in peer-reviewed journals will be an added advantage.
• At least two years’ experience as a dean of an academic faculty with demonstrated capability in strategic academic planning, policy development and academic personnel administration.
Competencies and attributes
• Demonstrated success at operational and financial management of an academic institution.
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent knowledge of policies and procedures that regulators require of Universities
• Strong relationship management and partnership development skills
• Excellent knowledge of Zambian University Education environment and good understanding of current issues and direction in higher education
• Excellent computer skills (MS office inclusive of Word, Excel & Power point)
• Proven success in leading accreditation processes will be an added advantage
• Unassailable integrity and commitment to high ethical conduct
• Hardworking, goal-oriented self-starter with strong ability to motivate others
• Proactive and creative approach to issues
• Rigorous attention to detail and execution/operational mindset
• Ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner coupled with strong problem solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A positive win-win attitude and a commitment to life-long learning
• Respectful of human diversity in religion, culture, gender, national origin, race and ethnicity.
How to Apply
Send your applications to the email: