VisionFund Zambia Ltd is part of a network of microfinance institutions within the VisionFund International network. We empower low-income entrepreneurs with access to integrated financial services that unlock their potential. We are part of World Vision, the largest global Christian humanitarian organization. In order to support our growth aspirations, we seek to recruit a qualified candidate who is self-motivated and results-oriented to fill the following position:
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Head Office— Lusaka
• As the Project Manager, your job is to plan, budget, oversee, execute and document all aspects of specific projects around Digital Financial Services (DFS).
• You will be required to work closely with Senior Management and Project Team to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other departments for support.
• Handling project execution from pre-planning, progress through implementation and evaluation, making revisions as needed along the way
• Creating a comprehensive work plan that specifies project scope, objectives and criteria for evaluation
• Identifying, sequencing, assigning, monitoring and tracking individual activities, tasks and project performance as required
• Scheduling work flow as nccded for project completion,. mcctins deadlines and needs of internal and external customers
• Identifying and efficiently allocating resources necessary for project completion, including man hours, facilities, equipment, funds, etc.
• Reviewing work progress, including quality -and quantity with team members at regular intervals
• Ensuring project deliverablesé Fcompleted in-time, within budget and to expectations.
• Manage external funders that are supporting the DFS platform offered by VFZ.
• Setting and following a communication schedule for the purpose of providing regular status updates to senior management and other key stakeholders.
• Overseeing and managing project progress in a manner that complies with company policies and procedures.
Minimum qualification requirements and competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, ICT, Business Administration, Banking, Finance. Economics or equivalent qualification.
• Knowledge of Human Centred Design approach
• At least 3 years’ experience in Digital Banking with a reputable financial institution
• Exposure in Mobile Mdney projects in a Mobile telecoms or Retail Banking environment will (be added advantage
• Good knowledge f various MFS products, current trends, market dymmics and Customer needs.
• Knowledge of regulatory and other product and user experience related issues
• Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization
• Ideals and Core Values
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter accompanied by a CV to the address below clearly indicating the POSITION being applied for to the attention of the.
The People & Culture Manager,
1/1723, Kabelenga Road,
(Opposite Levy Junction),
PO Box 33911,