Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Technical Advisor – Electrical:
• Reporting to the Electrical Superintendent, you will provide direction and support to the Electrical Superintendent to enable sustained improvement in the delivery of power to Mine Operations Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Offer technical Support to the electrical team to support operations, assess and coach competency skills attainment
• Assist to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
• Assist to measure and report overall maintenance performance
• Actively promote full cooperation between the maintenance and mining operations.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the maintenance processes and systems.
• Cooperate with the maintenance planners regarding input schedules and accurate information.
• Ensure the development of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
• Accountable for completion of all tasks identified in the Management Operating System Elements to the specified quality and timelines as assigned to this role
• Experienced in managing and development of weekly, equipment overhaul and shutdown schedules through Microsoft Project
• Development and maintaining of the equipment strategies workflow process on both fixed and mobile aspects
• Experience in budgeting process and cost controls for maintenance department
• Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
• Coaching and mentoring of subordinates through Barrick Competency Based Employee Development (BCBED)
• Assessing employees in structured skills assessment process such as Employee Training Assessment Management System (ETAMS)
• Offer support to supervisor positions so to be able to assess work place efficiencies and provide guidance to workplace supervisors
• Generate report on machine availability through the use of a recognized CMMS preferably Pronto
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
• Advanced Trades Qualification and hands on experience on the equipment
• Minimum Ten (10) years maintenance planning and engineering experience in the mining industry.
• Authorised high voltage switching and conversant with trolley assist on mobile equipment
• Experience in large multi open Pit operations using large scale mining equipment
• Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination
• Conversant with Siemens electrical drives system
• Must have a valid driver’s licence.
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: