Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Chief Executive Officer’s Division under the Internal Audit Department to be based at Head Office: –
• Performs professional internal auditing work. Responsible for the day to day conduct and completion of the audit. Work involves leading and conducting
• Applications/Network/System platform and IT general controls audits; providing consulting services to the Bank’s management and staff; and providing input to development of the annual internal audit plan. Maintains all Bank and professional ethical standards and completes all internal audit work in compliance with The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, ISACA’s Information Systems auditing standards.
Under the supervision of the Internal Audit Head the following are among the job key responsibilities: –
• Assist in identifying and evaluating the organization’s risk areas and provide key input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
• Assign audit guide sections or program steps to be performed by the staff member(s) assigned.
• Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
• Conduct interviews, reviews documents, develop and administer surveys, compose summary memos, and prepare working papers.
• Conduct data extraction, analysis and security reviews utilizing appropriate tools.
• Assist in providing training, coaching, and guidance to Internal Audit staff in conducting audits and on other audit-related issues.
• Evaluate efforts of the staff member(s) assigned.
• Maintain appropriate working relationships with Bank staff and Internal Audit staff.
• Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
• Monitor the day-to-day progress on work assigned.
• Review audit work papers prepared by the staff member(s) assigned to ensure satisfactory completion and initialing to evidence the review.
• Prepare personnel evaluation forms as required/requested.
• Communicate audit findings to management throughout the engagement and keeping the SIA informed on the status audit.
• Prepare the draft audit report, see that all findings are adequately supported, and determine those findings to be included in the report or those to be handled as minor findings.
• Present and communicate audit findings at the audit review meeting.
• Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers.
• Perform other work as assigned by audit management.
• External: Regulatory bodies
• Internal: All Divisions
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 certificate with a minimum of 5 credits, of which English and Mathematics are mandatory.
• University Degree or ACCA/CIMA Professional qualification in a relevant field.
• Internal Audit training.
• At least three (3) years of relevant experience.
• Certification in CIA or CISA is mandatory.
• Experience with CAATs is mandatory.
• Experience in IT auditing is an added advantage.
Job Core Competencies
• Ethical Orientation
• Analytical thinking
• Business Acumen
• Verbal and Written Communication
• Drive for Results /Delivery
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to: