PATH seeks to recruit an experienced Long Lasting Insecticide Treated Nets (LLIN) Specialist to work on the PAMO project in Zambia. The LLIN Specialist will work in close partnership with the National Malaria Elimination Centre, the Ministry of Health, provincial PAMO Coordinators and to help districts, health facilities, and communities maintain universal coverage of ITNs through mass campaigns and continuous channels such as antenatal care, immunization services, schools, and community-based health workers. PAMO is working in four provinces, namely Eastern Province, Luapula Province, Muchinga Province and Northern Province.
• Assist with the design and supervision of distribution of LLINs though various channels such as mass distribution, health facility and school distribution activities.
• Work closely with the NMEC and other relevant government and implementing partners to plan and operationalize school distribution activities.
• Work with the Ministry of Health/NMEC, Ministry of Education and other USAID implementing partners (such as the Supply Chain project) as well the Vector Control Technical Working Group to review and update strategies, implementation guidelines, and other technical materials.
• Lead the implementation of LLIN distribution, supporting the four PAMO provinces.
• Facilitate the collaboration between the Ministry of Health (NMCC, Child Health and Maternal Health) and Ministry of Education at national, regional and district levels to encourage country ownership and sustainability for school distribution programs.
• Monitor ITN distributions and ensure the proper capture and timely flow of data from school to district, provincial and national level.
• Coordinate closely with the partners and ministries mentioned above to ensure that school distribution activities are implemented in a timely and accountable manner.
• Ensure sound stewardship of project funds.
• Contribute to activity reports and annual work plans.
• A Diploma in a relevant field (development studies, health and social sciences). A Bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage. Added qualifications in distribution and logistics management are preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in distribution or logistics management.
• Demonstrated track record in design, planning and coordinating mass and continuous distribution of LLIN in the community through health facilities
• Demonstrated track record in design, planning and coordinating school distribution of LLIN
• Experience in programs in consultation with government and other partners
• Experience in guideline development
• Strong writing, reporting and presentation skills
• Competency in training and institutional capacity-building
• Knowledge of and experience with USAID requirements preferred.
• The position is based in Lusaka with an estimated 30% travel to the field.
• Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer.
Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: