PATH seeks to recruit an experienced Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Specialist to work on the PAMO project in Zambia. The SBC Specialist will work in close partnership with the National Malaria Elimination Centre, the Ministry of Health, provincial PAMO Coordinators and the CBOs/CSOs to implement enhanced strategic SBC activities that seek to boost ITN use and IRS uptake, boost early ANC attendance and IPTp uptake, improve health care seeking behavior and increase demand for and acceptance of malaria diagnostics.
• The SBC Specialist will provide technical leadership in the supervision of SBC activities in accordance with the project’s work plan at facility and community level. He or she will also work closely with the NMEC, other relevant government, other implementing partners and CBOs/CSOs to plan and operationalize SBC activities.
Specific Duties: Community Mobilization
• Serve as the lead technical resource for community mobilization activities for four (4) province-based Community Engagement and Mobilization Officers (CEMOs) and 24 Community Service Organizations (CSO) working across 24 districts.
• Work closely with the CSO Grants Manager, CEMOs, province and district Ministry of Health counterparts, and the CSOs to conceptualize community-based communication strategies and processes and develop, tailored costed work plans and training materials for the CSOs.
• With the project M&E officer, design a simple M&E system for community mobilization activities. Include a self-assessment component that can be used by CSOs, targeted communities and neighborhood health committees (NHCs) to assess their performance.
• Review monitoring data in real-time and provide timely feedback and in-person support to the provincial CEMOs and CSOs.
Strategy Design and Media Activities
• Support the conduct of formative research and the update of the national malaria communication strategy
• Ensure mass media activities complement community mobilization activities
• Provide input to the selection of local subcontractors or vendors for radio, print and other media materials. Oversee the quality of their work and ensure materials are aired or distributed as planned.
• Participate in Technical Working Group meetings
• Actively seek to learn about best practices in SBC and share learnings with colleagues.
• Develop SBC budgets and sign off on expenses and ensure sound stewardship of project funds.
• Contribute to activity reports and annual work plans.
• Other duties as identified and discussed with supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (development studies, public health, etc.).
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in SBC work.
• Demonstrated track record in planning and coordinating programs in consultation with government and other partners.
• Strong writing, reporting and presentation skills.
• Experience in training and institutional capacity-building.
• Knowledge of and experience with USAID requirements preferred.
• Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: