PATH seeks to recruit an experienced Surveillance Officer to work on the PAMO project in Zambia. The Surveillance Officer will work in close partnership with the National Malaria Elimination Centre, the Ministry of Health, provincial PAMO Coordinators and the surveillance and health information officers to implement an enhanced malaria surveillance platform in support of national and regionally focused malaria elimination efforts.
• Monitor weekly and monthly data reporting to ensure timely and quality reported data by health facilities and sub facilities through routine analysis and supervision.
• Understand and promote common surveillance system definitions for consistent uptake and use throughout those involved in system roll out.
• Work with web-based server to keep client information updated.
• Provide technical support to Mobile Client operators in areas related to data collecting, analysis, implementation, and hardware operation and trouble-shooting.
• Work with the NMEC, local MOH representatives and PATH staff to ensure appropriate software and hardware required for malaria rapid reporting is in place at all levels
• Conduct trainings and provide regular capacity building in areas related to Data collection and submission for mobile clients.
• Work with PATH administrative staff to develop training budgets, manage workshop logistics and ensure activities comply with PATH accounting practices.
• Providing updates to Ministry of Health and partners on system developments and progress.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (social science, statistics, economics, and health related field). A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• Two years minimum experience in surveillance and/or HMIS data management.
• Proven track record of data entry, management and analysis.
• Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
• Excellent computer skills using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook—must have demonstrable ability to format documents, prepare charts and manage data; experience with MS Access preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include conflict resolution, priority management and managing expectations of multiple clients.
• Highly organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities and ability to work well under deadlines.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Ability to work within a team.
• Ability to communicate with District staff, Health facility staff and CHWs.
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills experience facilitating trainings highly desired.
• Ability to travel domestically up to 50%.
• Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: