The Ministry of Health (MOH) seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to be appointed to the underlisted positions under the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) & USAID supported Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) programme.
Location: Chembe District, Lunga District, Nchelenge District, Chipili District, Chienge District, Mansa District, Mwansabombwe, Samfya District, Isoka District, Mpika District and Nakonde District
• To assess patients’ fitness for surgery, administer drugs, and monitors’ wellbeing during intra and post-operative procedures in order to ensure good patient outcome.
• Manages effectively Clinical Care Services in Anaesthesia in order to enhance effective patient care.
• Undertakes effectively, development of the budget in order to facilitate acquisition of anaesthetic drugs and surgical supplies.
• Provides regular technical support in anaesthesia in order to ensure patient care.
• Prepares timely progress report and returns in order to ensure quality patient care
• Undertakes regularly research activities in order to generate information.
• Undertakes regularly capacity building interventions in order to impart appropriate knowledge and skills
• Manages timely development of work plans in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Full Form V or Grade 12 School Certificate
• Advanced Diploma in Clinical Anaesthesia
• At least 2 years working experience
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English
• Must be able to write comprehensive reports
• Must be registered with Health Professional Council of Zambia
• Must have good interpersonal skills, advocacy, and counseling skills
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the qualifications for the positions above and are not currently serving in Government should submit their applications, enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae and three references including their contact numbers, certified photocopies of their National Registration Cards, Practicing license where applicable, academic and professional qualifications to the Permanent Secretary-Administration for the Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Officer position and to the respective Provincial Health Directors for the other positions as shown below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Address for the Headquarters position:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health,
PO Box 30205,