The Ministry of Health (MOH) seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to be appointed to the underlisted positions under the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) & USAID supported Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) programme.
Location: Chienge District, Milenge District, Nchelenge District, Chipili District, Samfya District, Chama District
• To provide holistic reproductive health care services in the ward to clients in order to reduce maternal and neonatal mortality and morbidity.
• Initiates and undertakes effectively reproductive care to women, men and babies in order to promote good reproductive health.
• Initiates and undertakes timely prescribing and administration of basic treatment in order to facilitate safe motherhood.
• Manages Maternity cases effectively with minimum supervision
• Undertakes and prepares timely updating and maintenance of reproductive health records in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information.
• Collects and maintains timely writing of reports in order to facilitate decision making.
• Manages timely development of work plans and operationalization of the Annual Performance Appraisal Systems (APAS) in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate with five O level credits including English and Mathematics\
• Certificate/Diploma in Nursing
• Certificate in Midwifery will be an added advantage
• At least 2 years working experience
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English
• Must be able to write comprehensive reports
• Must be registered with General Nursing Council
• Must have good interpersonal skills, advocacy, and counseling skills
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the qualifications for the positions above and are not currently serving in Government should submit their applications, enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae and three references including their contact numbers, certified photocopies of their National Registration Cards, Practicing license where applicable, academic and professional qualifications to the Permanent Secretary-Administration for the Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Officer position and to the respective Provincial Health Directors for the other positions as shown below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Address for the Headquarters position:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health,
PO Box 30205,