Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following vacant positions:
• To conduct open market operations so as to assist in the implementation and attainment of monetary policy objectives.
• Check accuracy of Statistical Release before the dissemination of the Bank’s OMO intention.
• Process the OMO auction in line with the decision made by the OMO committee on the day’s operation.
• Liaise with the middle and back offices on OMO activities.
• Manage the central securities depository relating to OMO transactions.
• Initiate and participate in the development of products for the purpose of enhancing OMO.
• Check the correctness of BOZ net exposure and profitability in order to ensure accuracy ofOMO interest.
• Attend to customer queries relating to money market activities to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Perform any other relevant duties incidental to other departmental obligations assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
• BSc/BA in Economics; Banking & Finance or equivalent with 3 years’ relevant experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels
Key Knowledge & Attributes
• Good writing and Communication skills
• Self-confidence and ability to work in a dynamic environment
• Good research and analytical skills Computer skills.
• Networking skills
• Knowledge offinancial and/or economic forecasting.
• In depth understanding of monetary policy and financial markets operations.
• Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Conditions Of Service
• Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
• Please note that all the positions are on Fixed Tenn Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
How to Apply
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of certificates to the undersigned:
Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director — Human Resources,
Bank of Zambia Bank Square,
PO BOX 30080,