Mopani Copper Mines PLC, a joint venture company comprising major shareholders Glencore, First Quantum Minerals Ltd and ZCCM Investment Holdings, owns operations in Mufulira and Nkana on the Copperbelt in Zambia. The company’s success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationship enjoyed with its stakeholders — an important sector of which is its employees. Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The company operates an employment policy of “meritocracy” — aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed. Its remuneration policy is based on performance, creating a competitive environment of achievers.
The Company seeks the services of qualified HYDRAULIC SPECIALIST – TRACKLESS EQUIPMENT X 3 reporting to Engineering Superintendent Maintenance.
• The successful candidates will be responsible for providing technical support, conducting assurance audits and reporting on the integrity, care and maintenance of underground trackless mobile machinery hydraulic systems to established standards across the MCM operations.
Duties will, among others, include:
• Provide expert advice to personnel on maintenance and operational best practices.
• Identify training needs and provide on-site coaching with the aim of developing the maintenance, operational and OEM workforce to achieve acceptable standards of work quality and quantity.
• Advise during corrective maintenance activities including the repair, replacement and commissioning of sub-assemblies.
• Inspect failures and facilitate root cause and failure analyses.
• Participate and advise on the quality control process of sub assembly repairs and warranty claims.
• Carry out diagnostics and audits on hydraulic performance.
• Identify deviations and give advice to site on solution formulation.
• Report on component health and other relevant observations made and monitor close out.
• Maintain close liaison with all stakeholders (i.e. OEM’s, Operations, Suppliers, Supply Chain, Component Stores, Finance etc.) to promote cooperation and sound working relationship.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
• A Full Grade 12 School Certificate.
• A Craft Certificate in Heavy Vehicle Repair or Fitting and Turning.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience on trackless equipment and be a Field Specialist in hydraulics (i.e. cylinders, valves, booms, hoses and clamps, fittings, pumps, tanks, motors, filtration, etc.) and have exceptional experience and skill at supervisory level.
• A certificate of membership with the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
• Relevant certificates in specialized courses from recognized institutions of learning or Original Equipment Manufacturers as an added advantage.
• Experience on underground Dump Trucks, Load Haul Dumpers and Cubex Drills from Caterpillar and Sandvik, and employment experience as an OEM technician as an added advantage.
• Key to the success of this portfolio is the incumbent’s ability to work on his own initiative, paying particular attention to company policies and corporate objectives
How to Apply
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application with contact phone numbers, detailed curriculum vitae with three pages or less and three contactable referees to:
Human Resources Superintendent - Manpower
Mopani Copper Mines Plc
PO Box 22000,