Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a local registered NGO working with development projects within the fields of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1.5 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Republic of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund and WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
Location: Ndola, with frequent travel to project sites
Project: Fast Tracking towards HIV & TB Epidemic Control for the Youth in Copperbelt, Luapula, North Western, Central and Northern Provinces.
• The Project Manager will be responsible for implementation of the above mentioned project by working very closely with all sub grantees to ensure program implementation, and support programme monitoring and management, accountability, adherence to CHAZ and Global Fund requirements, and capacity building of local partners.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
• DAPP expects to sign a contract with CHAZ on an HIV prevention project for Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW).
• It will be implemented in the above mentioned 5 provinces, in 10 nominated districts by 10 sub recipients over three years.
1. Managing Sub Grants
• The tasks consist of, but are not limited to: setting up sub granting protocols in regard to selection of partners and the vetting process;
• Management of sub-grant agreements by working effectively with the finance and other project teams; setting up a system for effective grants management as per CHAZ regulations and DAPP guidelines;
• Creating a system for effective and easy follow-up of sub grants;
• Participating in designing means for easy programmatic reporting on sub grants by developing tools and indicators (set up M&E) to ensure quality and timeliness of all aspects of grants processing and management;
• Leading the effort on sub grants closures (programmatically) and systematically coordinating and reporting.
2. Programme Implementation
• The tasks consist of, but are not limited to: Overseeing the programmatic (technical) components of sub grants, sub grants management of programme;
• Participating in revising annual fiscal year budgets with the Chief Finance Manager, Programs Director and Partnership team;
• Implementing grant management and forecasting systems with Project Leaders; ensuring proper reporting, documentation and overall deliverables;
• Ensuring that sub grantees programmes are implemented in compliance with all CHAZ and DAPP policies and procedures; ensuring consistency in programme implementation across sub-grantees on basic provisions and highlighting issues that could be viewed as bias or discrepancies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public health, in Development studies or similar.
• Experience in managing projects of a similar size.
• At least three years of experience in managing sub grantees (please mention which).
• Experience in securing project adherence to contract, program goals and financial oversight.
• Drivers licence
• Experience in advising, implementing, developing strategic and operational plans for grassroots level organizations
• Demonstrated experience in assessing local partners’ institutional capacity; developing training modules materials and tools in operational and financial management; delivering trainings; and mentoring/coaching
• Knowledge of CHAZ and Global Fund rules and regulations;
• Team player, with team building skills
How to Apply
Applications with detailed CV, list of projects in which you played a major role in managing and minimum 3 referees must be sent to the email below: