SolidarMed is a leading non-profit organisation working to improve the health of people in rural Sub Saharan Africa. Working together with national partners to strengthen health systems and community capacities, SolidarMed is committed to scientific evidence and policy dialogue both as foundations and objectives of their work. The company has an exciting position for an experienced health professional to join their passionate team in Mozambique.
• Contract type
• Full time (100%) appointment (minimum 3 years)
• Place of Assignment
Start of duties
• As soon as possible, with flexibility
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Support two districts to improve quality and coverage of HIV and nutrition related child and adolescent health services
• Support selected activities to strengthen the District Health System (infrastructure, equipment etc.)
• Pilot and assess new strategies in view of potential scaling up
• Apply scientific evidence, promote lessons learned, network with research organisations and participate in implementation research (for example www.iedea-sa.org)
• Coordinate with stakeholders such as the provincial health directorate, Ministry of Health, NGO’s etc.
• This position combines project management, public health and (optional) clinical work in HIV or nutritional service provision
• Management tasks include project cycle management (including reports and budgets) as well as coordination and support of a dynamic local team
• Clinician with strong interest or degree in public health or public health expert with clinical experience
• Clinical expertise in HIV, nutrition, paediatrics or infectious diseases is an asset
• Public Health working experience in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Experience in project and staff management, interest in knowledge sharing, applied field research and scientific exchange
• Fluent English (written, spoken) and good Portuguese
• If Portuguese is not spoken: French, Italian or Spanish and the willingness to learn Portuguese (you should be at ease in learning new languages);
• Solid computer skills
• Willingness to live in a safe and rural area of Africa
• A fascinating up to date health project in a rural African setting and stimulating environment, linked to bilateral organisations, universities and non-governmental organisations
• You will be part of a motivated team with flat hierarchies.
• SolidarMed offers an attractive benefit package commensurate with Swiss standards. In addition, the organisation also offers specific training with possibilities for clinical collaboration, scientific networking and participation in conferences.
• Family posting is possible and desirable. Interesting, safe, rural African setting, but no international schools at place of work
How to Apply
Please email your application to citing reference “Child Health Clinical Manager
Your CV including 3 references a short covering letter outlining your motivation
Copies of your qualifications, mention how you heard about the job posting (if internet, please mention which site). Due to the high volume of applications, SolidarMed will only contact shortlisted candidates. The organisation kindly asks you not to send duplicate or hard copies of your CV. Timeline for applications: