Reporting to: Project Accountant
Duration: 3 Months Contract; Renewable based on performance
• We are seeking the services of an Finance and Administration Assistant to join our Finance and Administration Department in ensuring efficient Management of Financial resources.
• Dealing with organizational financial procedures is a major function of this position in carrying out day to day roles mainly relating to the preparation of financial source documents.
• Please note that this a non-paying internship position; however transport will be provided to and from the workplace.
• Handle payments; the preparation and proper filing of accounting documents (such as payment request forms, payment vouchers etc),
• Assisting with project expenditure tracking,
• Managing Office petty cash,
• Assisting in the procurement of Country office supplies and other requirements,
• Ensuring compliance with statutory obligations (Employees PAYE, personal levy, NAPSA, Workers compensation and Annual Returns)
• Implementing the financial policy internal controls,
• Managing the organizations Assets,
• Carrying out administrative tasks as delegated.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A minimum of ACCA 1 or ZICA Technician or equivalent is a must.
• Must have a valid drivers license.
Other competences and skills:
• Basic understanding of accounting and book-keeping,
• Knowledge of the banking systems,
• Excellent numerical, analytical and interpersonal skills,
• The ability to meet deadlines and communicate effectively,
• Sound knowledge of spreadsheets/ Microsoft excel
How to Apply
To apply: send your cover letter, CV and qualifications in one word or PDF document to: