Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organisation affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organisations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. Jhpiego invites applications for the following Position:
Position Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Administration Manager
• The Stores Officer is responsible for overseeing the receipt, storage, and distribution of goods for the Jhpiego Zambia office.
• S/he is responsible for maintaining store rooms, monitoring expiration dates, and carrying out monthly stock counts both at the Country office and Field offices.
• S/he will also help organize the supply and back-end logistics for outreach and high volume campaign activities.
• Oversee the receipt, storage, and distribution of goods (medical supplies, medical equipment, cleaning supplies, office supplies, promotional materials, etc.) in a manner that allows for close monitoring, documentation, and maintains strict controls in line with Jhpiego policy
• Management of stock of supplies; ensuring optimum stock/ supplies levels are maintained at all times to meet operational and service level needs
• Coordinates with Country office and field offices to ensure timely and efficient movement of supplies
• Responsible for the removal and disposal of redundant stock in the stores areas in accordance with Jhpiego disposal policy
• This requires getting appropriate disposal authorization from ZEMA (Zambia Environmental Management Authority)
• All correspondences should be filed properly and sequentially
• Maintain appropriate tracking systems and accurate records management using Intelligent Track to ensure integrity of evidence and appropriate filing system
• Alerts program staff when new supplies arrive
• Conducts monthly physical stock-counts at Country office and Field levels, and maintains and distributes an accurate inventory spreadsheet to senior staff
• Regularly updates bin cards and provide supply issue and delivery notes to track movement of supplies in and out of stores
• Coordinates closely with the Administration Manager on supply movement, and the development and improvement of stores policies and guidelines
• Alerts Administration Manager and Senior staff of stock about to expire, and makes disposal arrangements in line with donor requirements
• Provides additional supply management and distribution support during the planning and execution of outreach and campaign activities
• Assume other responsibilities as may be assigned
• Full Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply qualification
• Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supplies (ZIPS)
• Must have a valid ZIPS practicing certificate
• Minimum 5 years work experience
• A broad variety of administrative, logistics, office management and computer skills
• Demonstrated experience working with a US Government funded NGO. A work experience in a stores office of a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMSG) company would be an advantage.
• Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
• Excellent organisational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines
• Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible and dependable
• Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence
• Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• High attention to details
• Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document to the Human Resources Manager: