Basic Function of Position
• Incumbent is responsible for all areas of immigrant and diversity visa evaluation and must have an indepth understanding of complex visa law and policy in order to prepare cases for officer adjudication.
• S/he is the primary lead for adoptions regulations and procedure.
• The Immigrant Visa (IV) Consular Assistant must also be able to function independently in complex non-immigrant visa and American Citizen Services functions and is the Locally Employed (LE) Staff unit lead for anti-fraud efforts The incumbent is at times called upon to serve as backup cashier and must adhere to a high standard of customer service in responding to public inquiries.
• Position is directly supervised by the Vice Consul.
• Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
• Successful completion of senior secondary school and at least two years of university-level study is required.
• Two years of previous clerical office experience is required.
• Level IV (fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English is required. (English language proficiency will be tested).
Skills and Abilities:
• Incumbent must be able to type 40-50 wpm with minimal errors andmust have extensive computer skills including MS Office Suites and Consular Consolidated Database/applications.
• Must be able to interact effectively with the public, communicate clearly and professionally and
• work in a relatively stressful environment without compromising work quality.
• knowledge of usg laws, regulations and procedures, local laws and customs and general office experience is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified. 1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and 2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Where to apply:
Human Resources Office:
The Human Resources Officer,
PO Box 320065,