Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Maintenance Coordinator.
Reporting to the Utilities Superintendent , your duties will include but not limited to the following;
• Responsible for ensuring the compilation of daily, weekly and monthly plans and schedules with regards to the maintenance operation.
• Ensure that plans provide the operation with the optimum chance of achieving the set KPI,s taking into consideration that planning is a joint venture with the execution.
• Management of special projects when required.
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports ensuring they are completed on time and to the required quality and standards.
• Monitor actual performance of the maintenance operation and implement the required actions to optimize the performance of the operation.
• Provide reports on actual performance and conduct reconciliations on the operation, highlighting the variance with recommendations to align the operation to achieve the required or set KPI,s.
• Promote and assist with business improvement projects within the LPDC organisation.
• Ensure management of stock control within the maintenance operation with regards to purchases as well as minimum and maximum levels within the LPDC operation stores.
• Management of monthly, annual and forecast budgets within the maintenance operation.
• Ensure all statutory requirements are met within the LPDC operation as well as the Barrick requirements.
• Ensure that all required training of staff is conducted to ensure they comply with all legal and statutory requirements.
Experience & Qualifications
• Associates Degree/ Diploma in Construction, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Ten (10) years’ experience in Facilities or Utilities Management of which Five (5) years should be at an advisory level.
• Excellent analytical and reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills required.
• Experience in planning and management of a work force in excess of 50 employees.
• Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated computer programs.
• Ability to communicate affectively across all levels.
• Unendorsed Zambian drivers licence.
• Member of the engineering institution of Zambia.
• Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: