Educore Services Zambia Ltd. Trident College is located on a 113-hectare nature reserve in Solwezi, Zambia. The school opened its doors to the first pioneering group of pupils and parents in January 2014. In addition to serving the educational needs of the local copper mining community, the College, which is now home to 232 pupils, is rapidly becoming the boarding school of choice in Zambia and a firm option for parents and pupils throughout southern Africa.
Purpose of the Job
• Trident College is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced, and enthusiastic teacher to teach Biology to secondary school pupils.
• The appointee will report to the Head of Department and contribute directly to all areas of College life, specifically in boarding and to the comprehensive co-curricular program.
• Candidates who have residential boarding experience and who aspire to personal growth and development in managing a boarding environment will be placed at a distinct advantage.
• The College offers the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) curriculum to boys and girls from year 7 to year 13 with external Cambridge Certification at the end of Year 11 (IGCSE), Year 12 (AS level) and Year 13 (A-Level).
• Trident College Solwezi forms part of the Trident Group schools which is made up of two prep schools and the College.
• Trident Schools are, in turn, operated by Educore Services, a leading provider of independent schooling in Zambia.
Qualifications and other Requirements
• The minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree with a Post-Graduate Teaching Diploma and current registration as a teacher in the country of origin.
• Experience in teaching the Cambridge Biology (or similar curriculum) to senior classes is a prerequisite;
• Commencement date: Preferably 1 September but no later than 1 January 2018.
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills and attributes:
• Deep commitment to the holistic growth and development of pupils.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to innovate, engage and motivate staff to achieve the objectives of the department and the school.
• Enjoy being part of an evolving and growing school environment.
• Enjoy living in a small, rural community.
How to Apply
A full CV and cover letter must be sent to: