First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do. In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world. The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function. Ability to setup, calibrate and maintain a wide variety of modern field Instrumentation related to processing plants.
This should include, but not be limited to:
• Weightometers & Density (Prosess Automation, Ramsi)
• Ph & Conductivity transmitters.
• Measuring transducers/transmitters
• Telemetry systems
• Signal converters
• Control valves
• Load-cell mass measuring systems
• Good computer hardware and software computer skills (Windows 7 & Office 2010).
• Installation and replacement of new instruments as per the company’s and vendor’s safety and quality standards.
• Requires minimum supervision in area of responsibility.
• Carried out maintenance work and new projects at area of responsibility.
• Organize spares and also availability for maintenance, shutdowns and breakdowns.
• Adhere to the company’s planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Trade or Craft Certificate in Instrumentation, or related field from a recognised institution
• A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
• Three years’ experience and exposure as an Instrumentation Technician in Chemical & Mineral Processing Plant.
• Previous experience in control of Conveyor Systems, Mill Operation & Control, Floatation Circuit, Thickeners Control, will be an advantage,
• DANFOS variable speed drives.
• PLC’s, preferably Siemens S7.
• Motor Control Siemens SIMO-CODE systems .
• Field Bus systems, specifically ProfiBus(DP & PA) and ModBus.
• Exceptional skills in field Instrumentation, maintenance, fault-finding and troubleshooting.
• DCS and SCADA systems, preferably Citect SCADA systems
• Knowledge of Fibre(Splicing) and Ethernet Networks.
• Bold initiative
• Thinking safely
• Upholding quality
• Technical Skill
• Driving quantity
• Driving attendance
• Operational Requirements
• Able to work shifts, Standby and overtime where required
• Exposure to noise / dust
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: