Mulonga Water and Sewerage Company Ltd (MWSC) is the provider of water and sewerage services in Chingola, Mufulira and Chililabombwe. The Company invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position in Chingola:
- Reporting to the Procurement Lead, the job holder will work as a part of the PIU responsible for contract management of contracts relating to the Zambian Water and Sanitation Project.
- The role will be to lead the administration and coordination of contracts including large scale design and build contracts along with smaller goods, works and services contracts.
- To manage all administration aspects of the procurement process through to contract award and implementation and contract completion (including the liability period, where required)
- Work closely with the technical team and other supporting functions to deliver various contracts of a range of sizes
- To facilitate and manage the technical team ensuring technical and contractual issues are robustly considered and implemented as appropriate.
- To ensure all aspects of the procurement and contract management processes are followed including legal obligations, contractual and associated compliance, regulatory, financial, Health Safety and Environment, quality and standards
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree in Contract management/Engineering or closely related field with specialism in contract management
- 8 years relevant work experience
Required Competencies and Personal Attributes
- A good understanding of organizational dynamics and technical process and policies.
- A good understanding of engineering principles with a good understanding of water utility infrastructure
- Able to anticipate the challenges and opportunities which arise from customer, regulatory, technological and sector changes and translate these into coherent strategy.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to work in fast pace working environment.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ability to develop a variety of effective presentations persuasive with a variety of techniques, for example, by using computer graphics to represent the findings of research
How to Apply
If you have the necessary competences/qualifications we are looking for, please submit your application together with a comprehensive CV including your contact telephone number and certified copies of your certificates to the address below.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be communicated to.
The Director Human Resources,
Mulonga Water and Sewerage Company Ltd,
Musonko House, Kabundi Road,
PO Box 11712,