Mulonga Water and Sewerage Company Limited is the provider of water and sewerage services in Chingola, Mufulira and Chililabombwe. The Company invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position at Head office in Chingola and Chililabombwe Division.
- To plan, manage and provide quality, reliable and modem IT services that support the operations of the business and contribute to overall efficiency, productivity and attainment of agreed service levels of the Company.
- Plans and manages IT systems for the Company, sources IT systems, software and hardware to meet Company needs.
- Assists in resolving IT problems referred to him/her by subordinates in order to ensure the availability of IT systems and achievement of highest possible level of productivity.
- Investigates and resolves problems in the IT systems operations, manages and minimizes systems down-time and ensures proper configuration of IT systems.
- Liaises with suppliers of equipment, software and negotiates for best terms, to ensure cost effectiveness and value for money.
- Provides specialist advice to management on IT policy issues and monitors trends and developments in Information Technology in order to ensure that systems used by the Company are in line with current developments.
- Manages the company’s databases and key software packages such as PROMUN billing software, PASTEL accounting software and DOVE payroll software to ensure reliable data, security, integrity, accuracy and confidentiality and authorization levels.
- Liaises with the Commercial Services Officers to ensure efficient effective and billing
- Conducts feasibility and viability studies on IT projects for the Company.
- Co-ordinates and conducts training for users in computer applications and/or software.
- Prepares the IT annual budget and once approved, monitors subsequent expenditure.
- Agrees, monitors and reviews performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their performance objectives.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- University Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology
- 6 years relevant experience with at least 2 years at senior level
Required competencies and personal attributes:
- User orientation and good ICT technical skills
- Demonstrable Technical competence in IT operations, Networks, Database and Systems management
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies
- Coaching and presentation skills
- Planning and budgeting skills.
How to Apply
If you have the necessary competences/qualifications we are looking for, please submit your application together with a comprehensive CV including your contact telephone number and certified copies of your certificates to the address below.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be communicated to.
The Director Human Resources,
Mulonga Water and Sewerage Company Ltd,
Musonko House, Kabundi Road,
PO Box 11712,